The Mapworks Library
When you first log in to Mapworks, your Library will look pretty empty.
Let's have a quick look around to see what you can do.
The left Navigation Bar shows the different ways to find Maps and layers. The options are:
- My Library - Maps / Layers that you have created
- Featured - Maps / Layers created by the system. These are where you'll find good base maps to start creating your maps from
- Public - Maps / Layers that others have made publicly available
- Shared - Maps / Layers that others have shared with you (either individually, as part of a group or part of an organisation)
- Starred - Maps / Layers that you have starred
The results of your navigation can be filtered to either show:
To deselect, click on the currently selected option to show everything again.
The results can also be seen in 3 views
- Grid - Best for viewing thumbnail of Maps / Layers
- Row - Best for viewing description of Maps / Layers
The search bar at the top allows the user to quickly search for all accessible content. You can also filter the result with the dropdown on the left.
The buttons at the top right give you additional account controls. The options are:
- User Profile - Your Mapworks profile, Contains Maps you have create and other details.
- Organisation Profile - (Only for Administrative users) Your Organisation details.
- Notifications - Shows notifications
- Settings - Opens the current user's profile details for edit
- Logout - Logs the user out
See User Profile, Notifications and Settings for more details
Next: Maps vs Layers